Executive Briefing: 5 key questions to kick off your AI implementation
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2019
As with big data and the cloud before that, we’re now seeing a significant hype bubble building up around artificial intelligence. This has the unfortunate consequence of convincing many executive leaders that if they don’t already know their way around a machine learning algorithm, they might not be ready for the so-called transformative power of AI. The reality, however, is that AI is just another tool that can help your business, and you’re probably not that far behind the rest of the field. The pace of innovation actually hasn’t changed much from that of other technologies you have probably already successfully navigated, such as mobile and cloud.
Vinay Seth Mohta explains how to evaluate the possibilities offered by AI as you would any other strategic investment and outlines five key questions that will help you identify the sources of business value that should dictate any technology acquisition. He also explains the implications of these questions for your initial AI strategy.
These questions are:
- What question would make your organization more competitive if you could answer it?
- What questions that you’re already asking could have better answers?
- Where are you spending lots of time gathering or analyzing information?
- Do you wish you could clone your top performers?
- How can you create magic for your customers?